Administration Office - Staffing Office Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 5 views
About the role
The role of Administration Officer (Roster Deficit) is to provide administrative support to the Nurse Unit Managers within the Prison Health Services (PHS). Additionally, responsible for providing, developing, and maintaining an efficient, effective, and confidential administrative support service, operating with a high degree of independence in performing the duties of the position while maintaining open channels of communication between all staff within the department and other members of the clinical teams. This position works across a 7-day roster between 04:00-22:30.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated high standard of clerical, administrative and/or secretarial support with exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work autonomously in a self-directed manner while contributing to patient flow.
- Sound verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally and sensitively with all levels of staff, patients and the general public and to provide an administrative support function to a multidisciplinary team within a health care environment.
- Knowledge of or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of internal information systems in addition to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of basic medical terminology and rostering principles on relevant legislation to extract and interpret pertinent information from patient medical records and hospital information systems.
- Maintain discretion and exercise judgment where necessary within the scope of your role to solve immediate problems in situations where precedents have not been set and procedures not defined, ensuring a satisfactory outcome within deadlines and established work priorities for each unit
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.