Administration Officer - Emergency Department Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 3 views
About the role
ED Administration Officer will need to provide and maintain a highly responsive and effective administrative support and customer service function to the Emergency Department.. Contribute to patient flow by performing a support role to nursing and medical staff in the department.
This advertisement is part of a rolling recruitment process; applications will be assessed as received and if deemed suitable, your details will remain in the Administration ED talent pool and you may be contacted further by WMHS at the time an opportunity arises matching your skills.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Customer Focus Is focused and responds to the needs of customers
- Organisation and Planning Plans work to maximise their efficiency and work outputs
- Team Focus Is able to work cooperatively and effectively within a team environment getting along with others
- Quality Focus Delivers work of high quality, validity and accuracy of services
- Continuous Learning Implements and plans ways to improve their skills across all skills sets, identifying gaps and seeking appropriate interventions and input from others
- Technical Knowledge
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of basic medical terminology to extract and interpret pertinent information from patient medical records and hospital information systems
- Proficiency in the application of internal hospital information systems in addition to Microsoft Word and Excel
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
- This position is required to work 24 hours, 7 days per week
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
- lease review the attached Role Descriptions and complete the online questionnaire
- Submit a copy of your current CV/Resume, including the names and contact details of two referees.
Applications will be reviewed and considered throughout the next 12 months, if and when vacancies are identified.The submission of an application to this applicant pool does not guarantee an offer of employment.
Furtherparticipation in other recruitment selection processes (for example written application and/or interview) to further assess suitability for appointment to a specific position may be required.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.