About the role
The role of Administration Officer (Prison Health Reliever), provides administration backfill relief across Prison Health Services in the following roles:
- AO3 Administration Officers (Correctional Centres) - required to respond to enquiries and provide timely and accurate information and assistance to staff, clients and visitors to facilitate effective service delivery within a health care setting. The role will provide support for the management of the quality systems that ensures the environment is one of quality and safety.
- AO3 Administration Support Officer (Prison Health Services) - Administrative Support Officer, is responsible for providing, developing and maintaining an efficient, effective, ethical and confidential administrative and secretarial support service to both the Director of Operations and Clinical Director within Prison Health Services.
Prison Health Services (PHS) is a primary care model which supports prisoners in Queensland correctional facilities to stay well by providing access to quality health care. Care is delivered within the State prisons located in West Moreton Health under a Memorandum of Understanding between Queensland Health and Queensland Corrective Services (QCS).
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Sound communication skills with the ability to interact professionally and sensitively with all levels of staff, clients and the general public.
- Exceptional organisation and prioritisation skills and the ability to work autonomously in a self-directed manner while contributing to patient flow.
- Knowledge of or the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of internal information systems in addition to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Maintain discretion and exercise judgment where necessary within the scope of your role to solve immediate problems in situations where precedents have not been set and procedures not defined, ensuring a satisfactory outcome
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/ entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.