Administration Support Officer - Patient Travel Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Townsville region 6 views
Charters ( https://www.townsville.health.qld.gov.au/facilities/charters-towers/charters-towers-health-service/ ) Towers Health Service ( https://www.townsville.health.qld.gov.au/facilities/charters-towers/charters-towers-health-service/ ) is an integrated health service, providing both acute services and primary health care through a range of programs including child and family health, community health, mental health, School Based Youth Health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health. Outreach services are provided by Child and Youth Mental Health, Adult Mental Health, ATODS, Australian Hearing, HAAC and ACAT services as well as a visiting Paediatrician, Respiratory Physician, General and Orthopaedic Surgeons.
- Understand Queensland Health's policy on the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme and the Hospital's duty of care obligations in regard to patient travel in order to negotiate and communicate policy decisions in a diverse cultural environment for clients with a wide range of acute and chronic health issues.
- Provide professional and timely advice to clients about travel options, arrange, coordinate and process accommodation, including amendments and non-preferred accommodation requests whilst optimising savings.
- Confirm accuracy of new application forms requesting travel and/or accommodation assistance prior to processing and ensure meticulous recording of applications on Travel database. Coordinate approved patient travel and process travel claims in a timely manner, in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Reconcile and prepare for payment, via FAMMIS, travel related accounts from authorised accommodation and transport providers.
- Dispense cash payments for transport and accommodation entitlements to clients, within the designated allowable limit.
- Receipt all monies / cheques / eftpos transactions into appropriate areas, in preparation for banking, (e.g. IPharmacy, Collections, Trust Accounts). Perform mandatory end of day procedures relating to balancing cash floats and arranging appropriate recoupment of such amounts, in compliance with Financial Administrative Audit Act.
- Prioritise workload effectively to undertake duties in the absence of direct supervision and provide a competent support role to administrative and management teams.
- Execute ethical decision-making in the achievement of departmental and organisational objectives. Ensure continuity of service by providing guidance, training and support to administrative team members who provide backfill, make certain all policy and procedural changes are communicated and understood.
- Comply with and adhere to Queensland Health policies, procedures, standards and legislation relevant to the role and work area.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
Charters Towers Health Service
As an employer our goal is to be a GREAT PLACE TO WORK and we are committed to maintaining an exceptional workforce. Our proactive approach fosters a workplace culture that values, supports and develops our workforce. Some additional benefits include:
- 17.5% leave loading,
- up to 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation
- Attractive Salary packaging options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
https://www.queensland.com/us/en/places-to-see/destination-information/p-56b25da5d5f1565045da011b-charters-towers ( https://www.queensland.com/us/en/places-to-see/destination-information/p-56b25da5d5f1565045da011b-charters-towers )
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.