Administrative Officer Anatomical Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
About Pathology Queensland
Pathology Queensland (PQ) provides diagnostic pathology services to all Hospital and Health Services (HHS) across metro, regional and remote Queensland, offering laboratory services in the disciplines of: anatomical pathology, chemical pathology, haematology, immunology, microbiology and genomics. PQ also provides an invaluable service to Queenslanders by supporting a coordinated response to incidents and disasters.
- has laboratories located within 35 Queensland Health hospital facilities, providing 24/7 service every day of the year
- employs approximately 2000 staff including specialist pathologists, registrars, scientists, technicians, laboratory assistants, and operational and support staff, across Queensland
- supports more than 450 point-of-care testing devices, extending access to pathology results in remote locations and after hours with testing at the patient's bedside
- is involved with 70 per cent of all medical decisions and in all cancer diagnoses
- is critical to the delivery of positive patient outcomes and plays a key role in delivering on Queensland Health's commitment to achieve good health and well-being for all Queenslanders
- works alongside clinicians to better understand diseases, enable earlier diagnosis, inform treatment options and monitor disease progression
- provides specialised testing services for samples referred from public and private pathology providers within Queensland and from interstate.
What we are looking for:
- Current knowledge of medical terminology and well-developed keyboard medical typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to determine priorities, coordinate and finalise work within required time frames.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills to enable communication with internal and external clients.
- Ability to register and track Anatomical Pathology material utilising the Laboratory Information System
Mandatory qualifications and other requirements:
- It is a condition of employment for this role, for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 as per the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against one or more of the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment (Health Employment Directive No. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )): measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chicken pox),pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, tuberculosis.
- While not mandatory, completion of a medical typing or medical terminology course or previous experience in anatomical pathology medical typing would be well regarded.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.