Advanced Health Worker - Identified (Coconut Island) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 4 views
Tell me more...The purpose of the position is to provide essential primary health care services through the Primary Health Care Centre and/or the community settings using approaches, which are both culturally appropriate and culturally acceptable. Eighty per cent (80%) of the position is required in the clinical setting and twenty per cent (20%) in the community.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the delivery of primary clinical care and community care service in and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander setting.
- Advanced communication skills and demonstrated ability to participate in a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural environment.
- Willingness to acquire knowledge appropriate to interact in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people and communities.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between$71,020.00 - $75,941.00p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
- Professional development
Requirements for the role:
- Possession of a Certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf?bustCache=20243277 )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website ( https://www.torres-cape.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies