Advanced Health Worker, Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Service (Thursday Island) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 1 view
Tell me more...
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Sound understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, and knowledge of local and community health issues particularly with regards to mental health, substance misuse and social and emotional wellbeing.
- Well developed communication and problem solving skills with the ability to provide leadership in a cross cultural, multi-disciplinary team.
- Possession of or willingness to undertake further qualifications in the area of mental health and alcohol and other drugs are highly desirable.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between$71,020.00 - $75,941.00p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
Requirements for the role:
- To perform this role, it is essential that the person who holds the position be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person. It is therefore a genuine occupational requirement under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 that applicants are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders.
- Possession of a Certificate IV in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf?bustCache=20243277 )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Services visit TCHHS website ( https://www.torres-cape.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.