Allied Health Professionals - Casual Talent Pool Full-time Job7 months ago Allied Health Professions Wide Bay 33 views
Embrace an opportunity: Progress your career and discover all that the Wide Bay has to offer!
We're seeking talented and committed Allied Health professionals for our Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service (WBHHS) Allied Health Talent Pool. The casual talent pool is used to source Allied Health Professionals for tempoarary employment opportunities across the Wide Bay including our rural facilities.
What can we offer you? If you are successful, this will be a casual appointment, however opportunities for full time and part time work ranging from a few days to longer term contracts are available - so the more flexible you are, the more opportunities exist.
Which professions are we looking for? Dietetics, Exercise Physiology, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Psychology, Radiography, Sonography, Social Work and Speech Pathology.
What are we looking for and what do you need to do? To express your interest in the Wide Bay Hospital and Health Service Allied Health Talent Pool we need to collect information that will help us identify suitable applicants. Successful applicants will preferably have recent hospital-based experience and hold suitable qualifications relative to the role required. To be eligible you must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of contemporary allied health practice within a hospital environment and the ability to apply sound professional judgement to manage patient-centred care requirements.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally and effectively across the health continuum supporting positive organisational behaviours and relationships.
- Self-management and self-organisational skills, including problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of information management tools or ability to rapidly acquire the skills needed to use patient and staff information systems.
- A commitment to delivering quality, safe and evidence based clinical services.
What happens next? If you are successful, we will contact you when an opportunity arises that matches your skills and location preferences. The WBHHS may request your participation in other recruitment selection processes (e.g. written application, interview etc.) to further determine suitability for employment for specific positions.
What can I expect to earn? Attractive salary rates at HP3 and HP4 levels and generous super contributions (up to 12.75%) Information on salary and remuneration packages for Allied Health Professionals is available at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/health-practitioners ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/hrpolicies/wage_rates/health-practitioners )
What else do I need to know? A submission of an EOI application is not a guarantee that you will be offered employment with Queensland Health. Being in the casual pool does not mean you will automatically be considered for advertised vacancies when they arise - so you should apply for these via the normal process if they are of interest to you.
Prior to being made an offer of employment, you will berequired to demonstrate immunity to the following Vaccine Preventable Diseases ( https://tinyurl.com/yc6pgyt2 )(VPD): Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella (chicken pox), and Pertussis (whooping cough).
Covid 19 Vaccination: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
- Please attach a current resume detailing the names and contact details of two referees
- Complete the questionnaire
- Demonstrate how you meet the five criteria listed above, relevant to your discipline, in a short 2 page letter with your application.
You will also be required to provide evidence of your qualifications including registration or membership relevant to your profession as well as your working rights in Australia, proof of identity and VPD.
By submitting your Expression of Interest (EOI) to the WBHHS Allied Health Talent Pool, you are agreeing to the full terms and conditions for EOI submissions as outlined on the Queensland Health website.