Anaesthetics Principal House Officer / Registrar (Advanced Rural Skill / Rural Generalist) Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 5 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
About your opportunity
The Primary function of the position is to fulfill the responsibilities of the Anaesthetics Principal House Officer within a specific Department to meet the requirements for Advanced Rural Skills Training as part of FRACGP or FACRRM training.
- Under the supervision of the Staff Specialists, initiate, maintain and be responsible for the clinical care of patients within the Department specific to the Advanced Skills year being undertaken.
- Fulfill the requirements for training for the Advanced Skills year relevant to the specialist such as ACRRM Emergency Advanced Skills year or Diploma of Rural Generalist Anaesthesia (DRGA) or Advanced Diploma of Obstetrics (DRANZCOGadv)
- Participate in the provision of an on-call roster and/or shift roster to provide medical services, including out of hours, at night and on weekends to maintain service delivery.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of junior medical staff to assist in ensuring that appropriate standards of care are maintained, and that junior medical staff are trained to adequately fulfil their duties.
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education.
- Provide mentoring and support to medical students undergoing clinical rotations at Townsville University Hospital.
- Ensure and review the quality of patient care by participation in clinical audits and quality programs where applicable.
- High level of communication skills in clinical practice.
Generous remuneration package value up to $212,830 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $118,445 to $164,571 p.a. (L4-L13)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- Up to 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner, qualifications in speciality areas and current registration and/or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Currently enrolled with the Australian General Practice Training with either RACGP or ACRRM, or intention to apply to the Program within twelve months of commencement in this role.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropiate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- This position may require the incumbent to work at other facilities within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island )