Assistant in Nursing Full-time Job4 months ago Nursing Brisbane - South,Logan - Beaudesert 30 views
About the Role
It's an exciting time for Logan Hospital! Ward 2Q is a new unit focused on caring for patients with complex care needs with a view to optimising discharge dispositions.
As an Assistant in Nursing, you will assist and support the Registered Nurses in the provision of compassionate, holistic care for patients with complex care and discharge needs. You will support the Nurse Unit Manager with equipment and stores management.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds to reflect the diversity of the Logan community. To be a suitable candidate you will:
- Be dedicated to making a real difference to the people of the Logan community
- Provide an exceptional healthcare experience for patients and the community
- Work collaboratively with others, showing kindness and respect
- Thrive working in a challenging environment
- Bring unique abilities, skills and experiences to our team
The below would be desirable:
- Experience supporting patients with behaviour management plans, or specialised care needs for cognitive impairment and/or geriatric care.
- Previous work with patients with complex care needs (functional/psychological/social)
You'll be joining Logan Hospital at the most exciting time in its 32-year history! We're the major health centre for the Logan region one of the fasted growing regions in Queensland with one of the busiest Emergency Departments in the state.
Our community is one of the most diverse in Australia, with 27 per cent of residents born overseas. This brings a diverse range of patients & an opportunity to make a real difference in the community. We provide a broad range of healthcare services from birth through to end-of-life, including medical, surgical, mental health, maternity, paediatrics and rehabilitation.
Now's the time to join the team at Logan Hospital. With Queensland's largest ever hospital expansion with a total capital investment of more than half a billion dollars underway ( https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/loganexpansion ), you'll have all the benefits of working for a big, metropolitan hospitalwhile being part of a small town' team that values who you are and what you do.
Logan Hospital, ( https://metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/logan-hospital/careers ) a place of opportunity to make a difference and grow your career!
What we can offer you:
- We offer a family-friendly work environment that supports you in making the most of Queensland's laid-back lifestyle.
- We're a teaching and research hospital with strong relations with Queensland's leading tertiary institutions. We want to empower you to build a long-term career at Logan Hospital, with countless opportunities to learn and grow, no matter your role.
- You'll have all the benefits of working for Queensland's world-class public health system including generous leave entitlements ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/leave ), attractive salary and remuneration packages ( http://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/default.asp ), salary packaging ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) and access to relevant professional development allowances and/or leave, study and research assistance, corporate discounts and employee wellness programs.
INTEGRITY | COMPASSION | ACCOUNTABILITY | RESPECT | ENGAGEMENT | EXCELLENCE
Our ICARE ( https://www.youtube.com/embed/bJ76Hx1dYE0 ) values underpin what we care about as a health service, how we treat each other and our commitment to caring for the community. Diversity of ideas, skills, traditions and customs is celebrated as one of our greatest strengths. Having a workforce that reflects and understands the needs and expectations of our community is important to delivering safe, kinder, and more inclusive care.
We recognise our strength comes from the diversity of our people and so we encourage people of all genders, ethnicities, ages, abilities, languages, sexual orientation and family responsibilities to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community.