Assistant in Nursing - Community Care Program (Weipa) Full-time Job7 months ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 8 views
Tell me more...Being accountable for their own health care practice, the Community Care Program Assistant in Nursing assists the team in the provision of client basic care needs, assist with activities of daily living and client observations under the direction of the Registered Nurse whilst assisting in the achievement of service goals.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and the ability to apply and adhere to Aged Care Quality Standards and organisational policies, including policies relating to the provision of services through the Cooktown Community Care Programs Service and Workplace Health and Safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Proactively promotes a culture of kindness and compassion in the workplace.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of key issues facing the frail, aged, people with disabilities, and their carers, and those who are socially and economically disadvantaged, when they are endeavouring to maintain independence in their own homes.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between$2,355.50 - $2,404.10 per fortnight
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
Requirements for the role:
- Certificate III in Individual Support Ageing or similar, or the ability to obtain same.
- Previous clinical experience in the Aged Care/Community Care environment would be an advantage.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle, as well as a Driver Authorisation to transport up to 12 passengers. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf?bustCache=20243277 )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies