Biomedical Engineer Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North,Brisbane - South,Brisbane - East,Brisbane - West,Ipswich region,Logan - Beaudesert,Moreton Bay - North,Moreton Bay - South 9 views
Seeking a Permanent Full Time, HP3, Biomedical Engineer to join our team. Located in Brisbane Metropolitan, the successful candidatean integral part of the team delivering biomedical engineering services to ensure safe and effective use and management of healthcare technology
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrated graduate level of knowledge, expertise and skill in a biomedical related engineering field.
- High level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders/clients under the direction of more senior practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to apply engineering principles, problem solving and self-organisation skills to complete engineering projects and/or deliver engineering services.
- Commitment to the principles of quality management and continuous quality improvement.
- Demonstrated ability or ability to rapidly acquire the knowledge to provide guidance and education to less experienced staff members.
Mandatory qualifications, licences and other requirements:
- The successful applicant must hold at least a recognised Bachelor degree (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering.
- The successful applicant must either hold or have the willingness and ability to make timely progress towards obtaining, the licences, certifications and accreditations required to carry out activities within the relevant discipline areas. For example: Restricted Electrical Work Licence.
- A C class drivers licence is required, and you will be required to drive Queensland Health vehicles as part of general duties
- Travel, Shift Rostering and On-call requirements: Biomedical Technology Services (BTS) is committed to providing appropriate services at all times to health facilities throughout the state, consequently staff may (following consultation) be required to transfer to another work location, participate in 24 hour shift arrangements, on-call and weekend rosters, occasional overtime, and to travel throughout Queensland for periods of up to approximately two weeks at a time.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- It may be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against one or more of the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment (Health Employment Directive No. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )): measles, mumps, rubella (MMR),varicella (chicken pox),pertussis (whooping cough),hepatitis B, tuberculosis
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.