Business Manager (Medical Workforce) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing North West Qld 4 views
- Unique locations
- Friendly communities
- Regional, rural and remote $$$ incentives
Have you considered the diverse career experience, financial benefits and lifestyle options on offer by taking on a role with the North West Hospital and Health Service?
Working with us
- Base salary rates between $122,108 and $131,044 p.a. (AO7).
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Tax savings through salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) are also available.
In your downtime, we offer 4 weeks p.a. recreational leave with a 17.5% loading/bonus.
Professionally, our HHS values professionalism, leadership capability, excellence and resilience in our staff. We are committed to providing extraordinary opportunities for career development including in-house training, development and mentoring programs.
The lifestyle in Mount Isa is family friendly; it is a vibrant city with an outback community feel. You will fall in love with the natural splendour of the North West Queensland region, the experience of a rural/urban community and the opportunity to make a real and positive difference... and want to stay.
About the role
This role will provide leadership, project management and expertise in performance, financial management, workforce management, corporate governance activities and actively participate in the management of key relationships and agreements/contracts of a business nature
Provide high level business management support to the Executive Director People, Culture and Planning (EDPCP), and the Executive Director Medical Services (EDMS) on matters related to recruitment improvement initiatives, cost effective services that are consistent with the strategic and operational direction of the HHS.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Lead, facilitate and deliver an annual business/operational plan and operating budget including activity targets and other resource utilisation measures that has been negotiated and agreed by the Office of the EDMS and the HHS Chief Executive.
- Reporting of variance from agreed targets (activity, financial and non-financial) and recommending solutions and strategies to ensure the sustainability and cost effectiveness of services delivered by Departments under the Office of the EDMS.
- Provide authoritative advice to the EDPCP (and EDMS where required) and line managers in ensuring sound corporate governance and risk management principles are applied to resource allocation and decision making for financial, human resource and service level agreements/contracts initiated by the Office of the EDMS.
- There are no mandatory or formal qualification required for this position, however a relevant tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor of Business would be highly regarded.
- Experience in a health care setting in a business or service delivery environment would be highly regarded.
- This is a VPD risk role and may require evidence of vaccination or immunity to: Hepatitis B, MMR, Pertussis, Varicella, Tuberculosis and COVID-19.
- A 6-month period of probation may apply.
Download the Role Description for further information and application / interview preparation.
Contact: Sylvie Brdjanovic on 07 4764 1225.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 30 January 2023.