Cardiology - Principal House Officer or Registrar Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Flexible,Mackay region 5 views
Remuneration value up to $156,702.81 p.a. comprising salary between $4,540.00 p.f. - $5,236.00 p.f. (L4 - L9) employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%),professional development allowance, professional development leave 1.6 weeks p.a.Applications will remain current for the duration of the vacancy. Job Ad Reference: MK466269
About the Cardiology Department
- The Cardiology Department at Mackay Base Hospital provides full ranges of interventional, non-interventional and pacing services for Mackay regional population of 190,000.
- Cardiac Catheterisation Suite is equipped with modern facility with IVUS, OCT and FFR. 900 angiograms, 350 PCIs and 100 PPM/ICD/CRT-D insertions were performed last 12 months.
- Cardiac Investigations Unit - equipped with 3 echo machines with 3D imaging capability. Approximately 2000 studies including transoesophageal echocardiography andstress echo are performed per year. Other services offered includes Holter's, Ambulatory BP monitoring, Stress testing and Event Recorders.
- Cardiac surgical input is from The Townsville Hospital with weekly heart team conference.
- Onsite CTCA and cardiac MRI services
- 8 beds dedicated CCU
- Heart Failure/Titration Service.
- Weekly video-conference link to TUH for complex case discussion.
- Short stay unit for low-risk chest pain admission.
- The Cardiology Department is staffed by5 Cardiologists; 2 x Cardiology Advanced Trainees; 4 x Registrars/Principal House Officers; 3 x Junior House Officers and 4 x Interns
- Cardiac Investigation Units provide Echo, Stress Echo, TOE, PPM Interrogation, ESTs, Holter ECG services.
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and if applicable registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- The successful applicant must hold at least a tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in relevant occupation and be registered with the relevant agency.
- Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general Criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Licence to Operate Vehicle:This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination:Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
- Vaccination Requirements (COVID-19):It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role for the incumbent to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Evidence of vaccination will be required prior to commencement.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.