Caseload Midwife Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Mackay region 4 views
- The Caseload Midwife will provide midwifery care/clinical expertise, support and education to woman and their families and staff within the Proserpine Maternity Unit Model of care that ensures the provision of best practice and quality woman centred care. The midwife will work collaboratively with the MGP and rotate the responsibilities of organizing MGP and caseload meetings, women's meet and greet sessions, collection of monthly statistics and written quarterly reports for the Midwifery Group Practice.
- As a Clinical Midwife and part of Proserpine Hospital, deployment within the hospital service may be required to support midwifery and nursing colleagues in times of staffing crisis and workload acuity.
About the Team
Proserpine Maternity Unit covers a wide area from the Whitsunday Islands to the east, Collinsville to the west and Bowen to the north. The unit is made up of a hospital team of 5.27FTE midwives and an MGP of 3.63FTE Midwives and caters for up to 300 women a year. The two practices work closely together and also support the rural generalist service of the hospital. The service is a level 3 capability service with access to a theatre. High risk women are share cared with Mackay Base Hospital which is 1 hours south of Proserpine. The versatility of experience in this rural locality enables midwives to maintain experience in all aspects of midwifery care.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).