It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ))
Metro North Health is the biggest and most diverse Hospital and Health Service in Queensland, delivering excellent care underpinned by our values of respect, integrity, high performance, teamwork and compassion.
Metro North Health provides the full range of public sector health services including rural, regional and tertiary teaching hospitals. Our service covers an area of 4157 square kilometres and extends from the Brisbane River to north of Kilcoy.
Metro North facilities include:
- Caboolture Hospital
- Woodford Correctional Centre
- Kilcoy Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Prince Charles Hospital
- The Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital
- Surgical, Treatment and Rehabilitation Service
- Community and Oral Health
- Metro North Mental Health
Working within Metro North Health is an opportunity to contribute to providing outstanding health services to Queenslanders. We are committed to best practice and continuous quality improvement and encourages staff to take advantage of training and development opportunities.
Metro North Health promotes a healthy balance between your work and personal life, provides flexible work hours, paid parental leave and study leave options.
For further information please visit the Metro North Health website. This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro North Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- At the direction of Trade Coordinator Welding staff carry out the maintenance of all trolleys, benches, beds, castors, curtain tracks, or sundry works requiring welding for the health facilities under minimal supervision.
- Liaise with other Queensland Health employees, other Government Agencies, and private organizations including contractors so to ensure work is undertaken with minimal disruption to clients and other staff. Liaison shall also need to be undertaken to attempt to meet the special requirements of any clients.
- Use capacity to assist other departmental supervisory staff as and when required to maintain the efficient functioning of the Department. Assist their trade section with manual tasks in accord with their trade.
- Ensure that safe work practices are always adopted, and that protective clothing and equipment provided is worn and used as recommended including the implementation and enforcement of legislative requirements such as the Workplace Health and Safety Act and the Health Services Act to safeguard the interests of Queensland Health and its employees.
- Comply with and utilise procedures, policies, regulations and standards which impact upon the position, including contemporary human resource management requirements and practices, such as workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity and anti-discrimination policies.
Job ad reference number: RBH436375 Close date: Monday, 22nd August 2022
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Why work for us?
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Queensland Health employee you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for our people and our community. We encourage people of all genders, races, ages and abilities to apply for roles within our Health Service.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED