Clinical Assistant Full-time Job2 months ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 10 views
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of request forms, data entry and of the correct procedures for specimen processing.
- High level interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and work productively in a team environment.
- Proven ability to follow instructions and work conscientiously and accurately with minimal supervision after careful instruction.
- Demonstrated experience of the correct procedures for the performance of laboratory tests including processing and setting up techniques within the department.
- Demonstrated experience in or the ability to acquire experience in the correct procedures of specimen reception/specimen collection including the application of established policies and guidelines with minimal supervision
- Ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- While not mandatory, any experience in blood collection would be beneficial with possibility of participating in emergent cover arrangements for the phlebotomy department.
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.