Clinical Assistant Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 2 views
Undertake under supervision receipt, registration, preparation and processing of laboratory specimens received from human, animal, food, water and environmental sources for testing by scientific and technical staff.
Key competencies (role specific criteria)
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to perform duties while working co-operatively in multi-skilled and multi-disciplinary teams and communicate effectively with peers, professional and technical staff and clients.
- Possess or be able to acquire basic knowledge and skills in the production of laboratory media.
- Ability to perform routine tasks under supervision within Microbiology laboratory, Media Preparation and Glassware/Sterilisation areas including, but not limited to, use and maintenance of laboratory equipment, precision and accuracy checks on equipment, media and reagent preparation, assisting in the production and performance of a range of diagnostic tests, and the keeping and maintenance of concise and accurate records.
- Possess or be able to acquire knowledge and skills in the receipt, registration and processing of a range of samples received by the laboratories as well as familiarity with Microsoft programs such as Word & Excel, and laboratory information management systems e.g AUSLAB
- Ability to comply with the laboratory's policies and practices, including Occupational Health and Safety, continuous quality improvement and regulatory requirements (NATA, DAWR, OGTR, SSBA).
- Ability to actively and successfully participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour.
Qualifications, registrations and other requirements
- It will be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against one or more of the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment (Health Employment Directive No. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )): measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough), hepatitis B, tuberculosis
- It may be a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )).
- Please detail any visa conditions you may have if you are not a permanent resident of Australia.
- We understand that some people may require adjustments to the workplace or the way the work is performed. All applicants are encouraged to advise the panel of any support or reasonable adjustments (i.e. building access, wheelchair access, interpreting services etc.) that may be required.
- While not mandatory a relevant qualification would be well regarded.
- Candidate will be required to underake frequent manual handling, bending and lifting.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.