Clinical Case Worker (ATODS) Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Townsville region 3 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity:
The Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Service is currently seeking to recruit a Clinical Case Worker to their team on a permanent part-time basis, working 38 hours per fortnight.
As a clinician working in the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Service (ATODS), you will provide a broad range of base level assessments and interventions to individuals, their families and groups in the context of minimising harm from substance use at all levels within the Townsville geographical area.
This role supports consumers who are opiate dependant (on the Queensland Opiate Treatment Program (QOTP) and will regularly involve providing detailed assessment or case manager services and therapy to people affected by all types of substances and a diverse range of populations and cultures. Provision of outreach service may include other locations within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service at times.
Generous remuneration package value up to $59,498 p.a. (HP3) or $61,747 p.a (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1) comprising:
- Salary range of $35.78 to $52.60 p.h. (HP3) or $50.83 to $54.42 p.h. (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1)
- 4 - 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification (Nursing, Occupational Therpay, Psychology or Social Work) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Blue Card for Social Work: Potentialapplicants are advised that the Commission for Children and Young People Act 2000 (QLD) requires Queensland Health to seek a working with children check' from the Commission for Children and Young People prior to appointment to this position.
- Ongoingprofessional development relevant to the delivery of specialist Mental Health Services to maintain appropriate registration and/or association requirementsis a requirement of all staff within the MHSG.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the Service.
- 6-month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Marta Bogacz-O'Malley on 07 4433 9600.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.