Clinical Coder Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 1 view
About the role
To classify inpatient episodes of care using the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM) and The Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI) according to the Australian Coding Standards and Queensland Health requirements.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Respect demonstrates interpersonal savvy, manages conflict appropriately, communicates effectively and balances the needs of all stakeholders with utmost respect to all people at all times
- Teamwork collaborates effectively, develops talent, values differences and builds effective teams to bring about best use of resources to deliver healthcare services
- Compassion is patient / client focussed, demonstrates self-awareness and the effects of behaviour on others, deals with or manages ambiguity and complexity, demonstrates resilience in the delivery of patient services or support in the delivery of services to patients
- High Performance cultivates innovation, is action oriented, drives results and supports Metro North Health's vision and purpose to exceed expectations of our patients and stakeholders
- Integrity demonstrates sound decision quality, ensures accountability, demonstrates courage in the face of adversity and works effectively / manages complexity to ensure work output and decisions are ethical and invariably of a high standard
You will be assessed on your ability to demonstrate the following key capabilities, knowledge and experience. Within the context of the responsibilities described above under Key Accountabilities, the ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to implement and maintain performance standards applicable to clinical classification.
- Undertakes self-auditing and knowledge sharing to enhance the quality of data being entered.
- Develops more effective and efficient work practices through self-auditing knowledge sharing and education of clinicians and staff on coding issues and requirements.
- Shares accountability with peers and management on the services provided and the advice and information given.
- Undertakes continuous education through reading, research, contact with clinicians, attending workshops and seminars.
- Refers more difficult or complex issues or queries to a Senior Coder or Auditor, peers both internally and at other locations, or to coding committees or the National Centre for Classification in Health.
- Provides support to less experienced or subordinate staff on coding issues.
- Consults and negotiates with clinicians and other staff in influencing how patient records are to be completed.
- Demonstrates understanding of data quality and its application within a health service.
Knowledge of contemporary human resource management issues including workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity, anti-discrimination, Queensland Health Code of Conduct and Hospital and Health Boards Act 2011.
Benefits when working for us
- Rewarding career and development opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas
- Value driven organisation which provides a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases
- Benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75% and access to salary packaging
Be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology and innovation, excellence in healthcare, quality teaching and cutting edge research. Metro North Health is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace for all employees. We offer unique and rewarding professional development opportunities in a safe and flexible work environment with a focus on putting our people first.
Job ad reference number: CAB482986
Close date: Friday, 28 April 2023
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED VIA THIRD PARTIES (RECRUITMENT AGENCIES ETC.) WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED