Clinical Director - Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 2 views
About the role
- The Endocrinology and Diabetes Department at the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH) is the major endocrine service in the Metro North region and the tertiary and quaternary referral service for patients with endocrine disorders in health services throughout much of Queensland to the north of Brisbane. The department has a very active telehealth program to facilitate this which it is seeking to expand.
- The multidisciplinary department provides services across the full spectrum of adult endocrinology with dedicated clinics in thyroid disease, thyroid cancer, bone metabolism, lipid disorders, diabetes, endocrinology of malignancy, women's health, diabetes in pregnancy, as well as general endocrinology. The department interacts actively with the obstetric medicine unit, endocrine surgical unit, cancer care services and neurosurgery with a multi-disciplinary coordination of care.
- The Director has responsibility supervising a team of staff specialist endocrinologists and registrars. The successful candidate will be expected to effectively lead the multidisciplinary team established in the department (including medical, nursing, allied health, and administrative staff), and to facilitate improved care of patients with endocrine disorders and diabetes. A key competency will be demonstrating leadership capabilities of valuing input from all team members and resolving conflicts to ensure the successful care of patients.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a leading clinician and clinical or basic scientist. The director will be encouraged to continue current research programs. The Department also maintains a basic science research program in the Conjoined Internal Medicine Laboratory, with a major focus of pathophysiology of placental function and thyroid hormone transport. It also has a vibrant clinical trials unit and has been a leading recruiter into clinical trials conducted in Australia for many years. The successful candidate will be expected to administer these research programs. An important future component of the role will be leading the further development of diabetes services within the hospital to better meet the evolving needs of patients who are both inpatients and outpatients of the facility.
- This position presents the successful candidate a unique opportunity to guide the future direction of a major tertiary and quaternary endocrinology department.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the delivery and management of endocrinology and diabetes
- Ability, experience and training in the leadership of multidisciplinary teams to achieve measurable outcomes by managing performance, expectations and relationships
- Ability to develop and sustain professional relationships with key stakeholders to create a network of collaborators to further the clinical, research and education goals of the department
- Demonstrated ability to actively participate in a working environment supporting quality human resource management practices including employment equity, anti-discrimination, occupational health and safety and ethical behaviour
Benefits when working for us
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro North here: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers ( https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/careers )
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.