Clinical Director of Medicine Full-time Job2 weeks ago Doctor / Physician South Melbourne 8 views
The region is renowned for its big skies, rich earth and welcoming locals. Experience respected wine and bountiful local produce that is served up at quality restaurants and markets, eateries and cellar doors. Discover breathtaking natural beauty, Mediterranean climate and fascinating local histories.
Spend less time travelling to and from work and more time embracing sport and recreation, regional festivals, award winning restaurants, vibrant shopping and delicious fresh produce. The city is just a short flight away from three capital cities with 3 airlines operating daily direct flights. More than 50,000 people call the region home. The regions strength lies in its diversity and the range of friendly communities that make up the municipality.
This is a 146 bed (level 1) Tertiary Teaching Hospital that provides a range of Acute Services including Emergency, Maternity, Intensive Care, General Medicine and Surgery, Medical Imaging, Pathology, Dialysis, Mental Health (Inpatient and community services) and a range of Ambulatory Services. The Hospital is affiliated with Universities for the provision of undergraduate and postgraduate Medical, Nursing and Allied Health education. Affiliations also exist for clinical placement and training.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Clinical Director of Medicine is a role with senior leadership and governance responsibilities within the Medical Services Cluster.The Clinical Director is a 0.3 FTE administrative role to be worked alongside the clinicians concurrent clinical and non-clinical activities (i.e. full-time duties would include 0.5 FTE rostered non-clinical time, including 0.3 FTE undertaken as Clinical Director).
This position is permanent full time (76 hours per fortnight).
- In collaboration with the Clinical Director (ICU) and Clinical Director (Community Services), lead the Medical Services Cluster
- Coordinate and oversee services within the medical stream in association with specialist colleagues, the Medical Services Manager and other cluster leads. Th medical stream includes acute and general care medicine, geriatrics, nephrology, oncology and other relevant medical subspecialty disciplines.
- Chair regular department multidisciplinary meetings, staff specialist team meetings and provide leadership to clinical teams to ensure best patient care outcomes.
- In conjunction with the CMO, manage professional and ethical issues relating to medical staff engaged within the discipline.
- Undertake performance review and professional development planning for subordinate departmental staff within designated time frames and ensure up to date records of relevant training and certification requirements are maintained.
- Lead the recruitment, selection, appointment and retention of medical staff specialists and registrars as required.
- Oversee a program of teaching in medicine for junior medical staff, nursing, allied health and undergraduate medical students as required and support research and training activities within the organization.
Salary: $450,000- $500,000
You must hold the FRACP or have been assessed by RACP as substantially comparable.New Zealand FRACP considered.
Apply Now or call Allisha McKenzie on 07 3145 6710 or email your CV to email@example.com
The JPS recruitment team is comprised of recruiters from diverse global backgrounds with many decades of combined medical recruitment experience. The tremendous "know how" they bring to JPS has helped the company become an industry leader. Whether you are planning your next move or looking to recruit quality professionals then we are here to help.