Clinical Measurement Scientist Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Townsville region 5 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Put patients first in all that you do to optimise a seamless patient journey.
- Committed to achieving health equity and continuously improving safety and quality.
- Contribute to a high performing team, demonstrating a culture that lives our values.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team and other providers.
About your opportunity
Two casual positions available.
Provide, as a member of a multidisciplinary team, a routine level of Sleep and Respiratory Laboratory Investigations to patients of the Townsville Hospital and Health Service (HHS) in accordance with prescribed Queensland Health and National and International professional guidelines and ethical standards under the Direction of Senior Scientific staff and Medical Directors for Respiratory and Sleep and Neurology.
Rotation: this position may be required to work in any Clinical Measurement Laboratory area of the HHS in order to maintain service provision when necessary.
Casual rates$44.01 to $64.69 p.h. (HP3)
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- The successful applicant must hold, at a minimum, a Science degree (or equivalent) qualification with a significant component in human anatomy and physiology, from a recognised tertiary institution. A post graduate Diploma in Medical Science (Clinical Sciences) or alike is highly regarded.
- Eligibility for professional membership of the relevant professional association (in this instance Australian and New Zealand Society for Respiratory Science - ANZSRS and/or Australia and New Zealand Sleep Science Association ANZSSA) and RPSGT and/or CRFS professional credentials would be well regarded and actively encouraged where not yet obtained.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.