Clinical Neuropsychologist Trainee Registrar Full-time Job2 months ago Nursing Townsville region 17 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated competent level Neuropsychology knowledge and skills in psychology for the assessment and treatment of consumers of THHS and patients with complex needs requiring Neuropsychology services.
- Demonstrated ability to provide evidence-based psychology services within established principles.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and effectively within a multidisciplinary team working in a challenging environment; communicate professionally at a suitable level with patients and families; other treating team members, and community agencies; and to advocate appropriately for the needs of the patients.
- Demonstrated ability to consult and liaise with multiple medical, surgical, and subacute/rehabilitation specialties regarding psychological aspects of patient care across a dynamic and changing health setting.
- Actively maintain professional development to ensure progression of individual professional clinical standards in the area of rehabilitation and in accordance with psychology registration guidelines.
- Report on clinical practices and outcomes within the clinical service area and, as experience builds, actively participate in initiating, developing and implementing quality and service improvement activities that enhance the delivery of SACU Clinical and Neuropsychology services.
About your opportunity
Fixed term temporary full-time commencing asap for up to 3 years.
This is a training position that aims to support the learning and development of a clinical neuropsychology registrar. The position aims to deliver Clinical Neuropsychology services in the area of acute inpatient and outpatient services, including rehabilitation and geriatric services, to stakeholders/customers of Queensland Health in accordance with organisational goals and values
Generous remuneration package value up to $118,996 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $70,958 to $104,295 p.a. (HP3)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- The successful applicant must hold or be working towards a post-graduate tertiary qualification in Clinical Neuropsychology and be eligible for (full or provisional) registration with Psychology Board of Australia.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Contact: Vidula Garde on07 4433 5263.
Apply ONLINE ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV474087 )by: Thursday 16 March 2023.