Clinical Nurse Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 5 views
About the role
The Clinical Nurse is a registered nurse who is accountable for practice at an advanced level for consumers in the areas of case management assessment, intervention, treatment planning and evaluation for children and young people aged between 0 and 17 years old who have severe and complex mental health problems or who are at risk of becoming so, and whose needs cannot be met by other services.
The Child and Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) specialises in helping infants, children and young people (up to 18 years of age) who have complex mental health needs. The CYMHS works collaboratively and in a recovery-oriented way to support children, young people and their families. The service provides community services, outreach and tele-psychiatry programs, early intervention and other specialty services.
The CYMHS provides specialist expertise in the intake, forward referral, assessment, diagnosis, monitoring, treatment, evaluation and recovery of infants, children and young people and their families/carers. The CYMHS coordinate and support access to a range of services for infants, children and young people and their families/carers to ensure seamless provision and facilitate transition to adult services as required.
The Assertive Mobile Youth Outreach Service (AMYOS) is part of the CYMHS. It is a mobile service that provides free, confidential assessment, therapy and support to young people aged 13 to 18 years and their families/carers who are experiencing complex or severe mental health problems and who maybe having difficulties engaging with main stream child and youth mental health services.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated clinical skills in the area of child, adolescent and family mental health, inclusive of crisis and triage management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills in contemporary therapeutic approaches in this target population.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, providing clients, families and stakeholders with a professional and flexible service that meets their needs.
- Demonstrated ability to assist and understand the needs of other team members and communicate with all team members appropriately. This is inclusive of the demonstrated ability to promote a learning environment within the team and contribute to the learning of others through a willingness to share information with others.
- Demonstrated effective self-management skills in relation to strong time management, documentation, prioritisation and delegation to achieve deadlines.
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.