Clinical Nurse (Alcohol and Other Drugs Clinician) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Doctor / Physician Mackay region 2 views
The MHAOD Clinician (Clinical Nurse) provides advanced level clinical skills to ensure patient-focused evidence-based nursing care, plans and coordinates the clinical management of patient/client care and provides leadership and support to other nursing staff within the Alcohol and Other Drugs Service.
About the Team
This position is part of the Greater Whitsunday Mental Health and Alcohol and Other Drugs Service and involves providing mental health and AOD services to outreach sites of the Whitsunday region including Airlie Beach, Cannonvale, Bowen and Collinsville. The position is based at Proserpine Hospital. There is the expectation that successful applicant would travel to Mackay for training as required.
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000km2 and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Benefits of working for Mackay HHS
- Remuneration - Competitive packages with salary packaging options available.
- Superannuation - Up to 12.75% employer contribution.
- Annual leave loading - 17.5%.
- Employee assistance and peer support programs - Supporting our staff through difficult times.
- Wellbeing programs - Variety of initiatives available to suit all interests and lifestyles.
How to apply
For full details of this role and how to apply, please refer to the attached Role Description.
Mandatory vaccination requirements
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, vaccine preventable diseases Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella (Chicken Pox), Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Hepatitis B.
- Vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information on your vaccination requirements should you be the successful applicant for this role, please refer to the Queensland Health employment directives ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/directives/employment ).