Clinical Nurse - Community Health Full-time Job2 months ago Nursing Townsville region 11 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'
This position will facilitate and provide a clinic and community-based health nursing service for Charters Towers, utilising primary care principles. This position functions as part of the ambulatory services at the Charters Towers Health Service.
Key functions of this role are facilitating telehealth specialist appointments, hospital avoidance including case management of complex clients, discharge planning and facilitating and promoting health education.
The Clinical Nurse is an advanced practitioner who acts as an expert resource regarding community health in a rural context for the facility. They work closely with nursing services, visiting specialist services, external service providers and the multi-disciplinary team including the advanced health worker.
Charters Towers Health Service is a level 3 (CSCF), non-birthing, 23 bed rural hospital with ambulatory services. Ambulatory services include community health nursing, child health nursing, midwifery group practice (non-birthing), advanced health worker, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, and social work onsite.
- Mandatory: Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable:
- Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the position or working towards a relevant qualification.
- The applicant ideally will have a working knowledge of a range of software packages used in the clinical and management environment, including the Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access, Matrix and Power Point.
- Blue Card Checks: Potential applicants are advised that the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 requires Queensland Health to seek a working with children check' from the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian prior to appointment to this position. 5.1.
- Drivers Licence: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate license endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
- Salary range of $3714.50 to $3977.40 p.f. (Nurse Grade 6-Band 1)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.