Clinical Nurse Consultant (Thursday Island) Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 3 views
Tell me more...Assist in the improvement of the health of people living in the Torres Strait to equal that of mainland Australians. The Clinical Nurse Consultant Participates in identifying and implementing strategies to ensure Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people receive timely, effective and culturally appropriate general practice services.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislation including Health and Hospitals Network Act, Workplace Health and Safety Act, and Equal Employment Opportunity Legislation and other relevant legislation.
- Advanced knowledge and extended practice in the application of evidenced based clinical management, diagnostic investigation and pharmacological management of patients within your scope of practice.
- Advanced level communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult liaise and negotiate with hospital and community health providers within the Torres Cape Hospital and Health Service and beyond.
- Demonstrates advance level of understanding of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between $118,993- $129,189p.a
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
- Professional development
Requirements for the role:
- This position may require the incumbent to operate a C' Class Drivers Licence. An appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies