Clinical Nurse Referrals Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
Clinical Nurse Referrals / Permanent Full-time / 76 hours p.f.
Townsville University Hospital has implemented Smart referrals. Smart referrals is a digital referrals capability enabling faster, streamlined management of referrals to and within Queensland public hospitals.
The Clinical Nurse role provides a clinical review of the referral and assesses whether the referral meets appropriate criteria to ensure appropriate investigations and tests are available for completion. This role entails responsibilities associated with monitoring and management of outstanding referrals within the Smart referral system working collaboratively with clinicians to provide support.
About the Role
This position requires a sound knowledge of the surgical patients in order to ensure appropriate assessment and compliance with the Speciality and Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC) requirements. The Clinical Nurse will also provide support and liaise with patients, clinical, medical and administrative staff to ensure compliance with Specialist Outpatient Services Implementation Standard (SOSIS) guidelines. The applicant ideally will have a working knowledge of a range of software packages used in the clinical and management environment, including the Microsoft Windows, Excel, Access, Matrix and Power Point.
Generous remuneration package value up to $128,435 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $4017.60 to $4302.00 p.a. (NG6-1)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted
- Highly Desirable: Postgraduate qualifications relevant to the position or working towards a relevant qualification.
- Highly Desirable: Extensive experience in Surgical Nursing
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an active and outdoor lifestyle, where the sun shines for over 320 days of the year.
Enjoy the benefits of urban living without the nightmare of metropolitan traffic.
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Living in Townsville ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville/living-in-townsville ); a vibrant, dynamic city and the largest regional centre in northern Australia allows easy access to The Strand ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbDy257N5-o ) and Magnetic Island. ( https://www.magneticislandtourism.com/about-magnetic-island )