Clinical Nurse (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Townsville region 7 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision?
- Interested in casual hours?
- Excited to take the next step in your career mission?
- Passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
- A person who meets challenges head on?
About your opportunity
The casual Clinical Nurse/Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (CN/SANE) will provide forensic sexual assault examinations to victims of sexual assault. The CN/SANE will also be responsible for the provision of medical services to inmates at the Townsville Watch house.
Clinical Forensic Medicine Unit (CFMU) nurses attend the watch house daily and undertake assessment of prisoners and coordinate care, treatment and referral of those that require medical attention in consultation with the on call Forensic Physician (FP) from the CFMU Brisbane. Additional duties of this role include assistance with paediatric forensic examinations at CFMU and the collection of blood and urine specimens for Magistrate Approved Disease Test Orders.
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent qualification + current AHPRA registration.
- Successful completion of/or working towards completion of the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) course provided by Central Qld University. This includes completion of the online component of the course and attendance at a one day workshop in Townsville. Funding for the SANE course will be provided.
- Appropriate credentialing of the CN/SANE in sexual assault examinations will be provided by the CNC/FNE CFMU.
- Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, which will include participation in an on-call roster. The CN/SANE will be required to contribute to the cover of the 24/7 on call CFMU roster including weekend cover and, weekday leave cover of permanent staff when required.
- Current 'C' class motor vehicle licence.
- COVID-19 vaccination requirements: It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19, as per Health Employment Directive 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
Generous casual rates of $60.11 to $64.37p.h. (Nurse Grade 6, Band 1), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Program.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
For a confidential discussion please contactKadell Fotinos or Nicole Aitken on 07 4433 2360.
Applications ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV461251 ) close on Monday 2 January 2023.