Clinical Nurse - Ward 3C and Coronary Care Unit Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - South 5 views
Metro South Health is Australia's first digital health service and one of the largest in Queensland, with an estimated residential population of approximately one million people or 23 per cent of Queensland's population.
This is your opportunity to join the dedicated team of professionals at Metro South Health and be part of a world-class, dynamic and growing health service that embraces technology, excellence in health care, teaching, research and empowering our people to be the best in serving our community.
About the Role
- The Clinical Nurse (CN) role provides advanced clinical and problem-solving skills, expert planning and coordination skills in the clinical management of cardiology patients and other general medical patients/residents/clients with complex care needs, ensuring quality standards are met. This role works autonomously within the healthcare team structure and is pivotal in the planning, managing and delivering of cardiac and general medical specialist nursing care. The CN provides clinical leadership for professional and clinical practice, education and research. The role supports in management activities including portfolio responsibilities.
- Practices autonomously.
- Provides leadership in clinical decision making to give and/or coordinate care to particular patients.
- Assumes responsibility for professional leadership for a ward, service or unit in the absence of the Nurse Grade 7 (NG7).
- Applies critical thinking across all the domains.
- Reports operationally and professionally to Nurse Unit Manager.
- May have direct supervisory responsibilities of nursing staff in the absence of the Line Manager.
- Responsible for own activities and for delegation of activities to others.
This position fulfils the responsibilities for portfolios including Clinical, Management, Education (clinical facilitation), Research and National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards as delegated or directed.
Find out about the role in more detail and how to apply in the attached Role Description.
Our ICARE values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Engagement and Excellence, shape our culture within Metro South Health. Our values guide our day-to-day decision making and are fundamental to what we care about as a health service, how we behave, how we interact with each other and provide care to the many patients who come through our doors every day.
We offer rewarding career opportunities across a wide range of clinical and non-clinical areas across our health service and pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is safe, satisfying, flexible, and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
As a Metro South employee, you will benefit from a higher than standard employer contribution to Superannuation of up to 12.75%, access to salary packaging, flexible working arrangements and competitive salary rates with annual incremental increases.
It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )andQueensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
You can find out more about why it's so great to work at Metro South here: www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ( http://www.metrosouth.health.qld.gov.au/join-our-team ).