Clinical Research Coordinator (Identified) Full-time Job2 months ago Nursing Townsville region 3 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.townsville.health.qld.gov.au/ ) is the largest tertiary health service in northern Australia; we are responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research within a region covering over 149,500km with a population of approximately 250,000 people.
We cover the continuum of healthcare services from advanced, highly specialised, tertiary-level healthcare at the main hospital to secondary and primary-level hospital and community healthcare across 20 facilities. The main facility is located adjacent to one of Queensland's leading tertiary institutions, James Cook University.
Fixed Term Temporary part-time, up to two (2) years, with a possibility of an extension for an additonal 12 months (48 hours per fortnight).
The incumbent will contribute to the research team lead by a nominated Principal Investigator, and to develop research expertise through the pursuit of defined projects relevant to a specific defined Townsville Hospital and Health Service, Service Group.
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated sound skills and ability (strategic, research, conceptual and analytical) in the planning, coordination and delivery of the responsibilities associated with health and medical research.
- Demonstrated knowledge in, or ability to learn about, the management of issues relating to health and medical research and research governance
- Demonstrated knowledge across, or ability to learn, the legislative and regulatory guidelines related to research.
- Demonstrated evidence of high level interpersonal skills, including high level written and oral communication skills, with the ability to consult and communicate and with ability in negotiating and influencing.
- Demonstrated high level ability to identify problems and opportunities within a complex environment and identify solutions and strategies to meet them.
Include any other information required by the panel, such as information outlining the applicants Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent for an identified position.
Join Townsville HHS
Townsville HHS vision is one of excellence; to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia. As an employer our goal is to be a GREAT PLACE TO WORK and we are committed to maintaining an exceptional workforce. Our proactive approach to fostering a workplace culture that values, supports and develops our workforce involves offering rewarding career progression to our existing employees and encouraging professional development through capability building and higher duties opportunities. Some additional benefits include:
- 17.5% leave loading,
- up to 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation
- Salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellbeing initiatives and programs
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.