Clinical Talent Pool for Pharmacists Full-time Job1 year ago Nursing Townsville region 22 views
The Pharmacy Department at the Townsville University Hospital is seeking Pharmacists with varied experience to fill future vacancies. Roles to be filled through this recruitment process may be of a fixed term full-time or part-time nature. If you have a preference, please indicate this in the questionnaire included in the online application process.
The aim of the Pharmacy service is to provide responsible, safe, effective and economical distribution and use of medications throughout the hospital.
The Pharmacy Departmentservices across 7-days (Monday to Sunday) to designated work units as rostered.
Townsville University Hospital Pharmacy has 2 locations: The ground floor Main Pharmacy is located to the left, inside the main entrance to the hospital. This is where discharge, out-patients' prescriptions are presented and collected after dispensing. This location is open on weekends and public holidays for inpatient service only. The Pharmacy Distribution Centre is located on the first floor near medical records and is only accessible to staff for collection of ward imprest items or inpatient dispensed medications.
The following services are provided by Townsville Hospital Pharmacy:
- Ordering and stock control of medications across the THHS. Including maintenance of ward medications in automated dispensing cabinets (Pyxis) and medication cupboards, and non-imprest items.
- Clinical medication review service to inpatient wards and emergency department patients.
- Facilitating discharge prescriptions to community pharmacy or dispensary for supply.
- Triage and dispensing of outpatient prescriptions.
- Medication information and Adverse Drug Reaction (ADR) reporting in relation to THHS patients and staff.
- Preparation of specialized sterile pharmaceuticals for Oncology, Ophthalmology and Neonatology.
- International, national and local investigator Clinical Trials.
- Contribute to optimizing antibiotic use Service wide with a specialized Antimicrobial Stewardship (AMS) pharmacist.
- Support and facilitate specialized health initiatives including the Life Saving Drugs Program, Access programs and Botulinum toxin supply.
- Support ATODS while their clients and inpatients.
- Pharmacist liaison with Offender Health including adult and adolescent services for compliance in medication management.
- Support for all inpatient facilities within the health service particularly one pharmacist dispensaries at Ayr, Charters Towers, Ingham and Palm Island.
- Review procedures and protocols for other areas where medication is part of the procedure.
- Host pharmacy student placements, including honours projects, particularly from James Cook University (JCU).
- Training of Intern Pharmacists and Resident Pharmacists and support for post-graduate student studies.
- Current general registration as a pharmacist with the Pharmacy Board of Australia, including proof of completion of an approved program of study for pharmacy practice. For example, a Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
- A health-related post-graduate qualification and/or enrolment in the SHPA residency program are desirable.
- Ability to work across 7-days (Monday to Sunday) as part of a normal roster, providing pharmacy services to designated work units.
About the employer
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service (HHS) is responsible for the delivery of healthcare services, education and research to a population of approximately 250,000 people. The Townsville HHS provides a large continuum of healthcare services, from advanced highly specialised tertiary-level healthcare at Townsville University Hospital, to secondary and primary-level hospital and community healthcare across the region. The Townsville HHS comprises 20 health facilities, including Townsville University Hospital, which serves as the tertiary referral hospital for the whole of northern Queensland.
Our organisation is proactive and committed to delivering excellence in healthcare by adapting a `person centred' approach to care across our patient's lifespan. If you are dynamic, innovative and prepared to help advance healthcare in the tropics, then the Townsville HHS could be the right fit for you. Join us today and enjoy generous employment benefits, a rewarding career and development opportunities.
Other information - Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD)
- Please see the role description for further information.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.