The Townsville University HospitalAcute Admissions Unit is seeking Registered Nurses with varied experience to fill future permanent and temporary vacancies.
Medical Ward Three and Medical Ward Three Stroke (TMW3 and TMW3ST) also known as Acute Admissions Unit (AAU) are one of five medical wards that fall within the Medical Service Group (MSG).
It is a 34-bed acute medical ward for short length of stay patients which includes anacute stroke bay. Medical Ward Three medical specialties include general medicine and medical neurology.
The aims of the service is to:
- Optimise stroke patient outcomes and service efficiency
- Provide specialist, multidisciplinary evidence based acute stroke care to eligible patients in the north
- Provide early access to specialist stroke rehabilitation
- Provide assistance to Northern Zone clinicians in the management of stroke, in partnership with Rural Stroke Outreach Service (based at THHS)
The key features of this service include:
- Co-ordinated multidisciplinary care
- Provision of contemporary evidence based clinical practice
- Close liaison with Townsville based specialist stroke rehabilitation and Rural Stroke Outreach teams
- Early family/carer education and involvement in acute stroke recovery processes
- Total of six beds allocated for eligible northern zone acute stroke patients
- Bachelor of Nursing (or equivalent) + current AHPRA registration.
- Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, including an on-call roster.
About the employer
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service includes 18 hospital and community campuses and 2 aged care facilities; it covers an area roughly two and a half times the size of France and provides complex, high level services to more than 600,000 residents across a wide range of specialities.
The main hospital (TUH) facility is a state-of-the-art tertiary referral hospital (the only tertiary hospital in North Queensland) and is the major teaching hospital for the James Cook University's schools of medicine, nursing and allied health and for the Barrier Reef Institute of TAFE. Referrals are from across North Queensland, as far north as Cape York Peninsula and the Torres Strait Islands, and west to Mount Isa and the Gulf of Carpentaria and even overseas from Papua New Guinea.
Our organisation is proactive and committed to delivering excellence in healthcare by adapting a `person centred' approach to care across our patient's lifespan. If you are dynamic, innovative and prepared to help advance healthcare in the tropics, then the Townsville HHS could be the right fit for you. Join us today and enjoy generous employment benefits, a rewarding career and development opportunities.
About the location
Townsville is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year and the perfect laid-back tropical/coastal lifestyle Townsville offers stunning natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle Townsville offers families, couples and individuals a place to call home.
Other information - Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD)
- Roles that have a direct contact with patients or who in the course of their work may be exposed to blood/body fluids or contaminated sharps are required to be immunised for Hepatitis B.
- Roles that have contact that would allow acquisition and/o...