Dental Officer Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity:
Oral Health Services are currently seeking to recruit a Dental Officer to their team on a permanent full-time basis.
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Dental Officer to be a part of the clinical team within the Townsville Oral Health Service. This opportunity would suit an individual who is organised, highly motivated, shows initiative, exhibits diligence, is self-motivated and enjoys working within the public health system. This role would suit someone who is passionate about preventative dentistry, who is self-motivated, enjoys working as part of a team and ultimately values high quality patient centred care in an efficient and effective way.
Generous remuneration package value up to $153,112 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $4272.80 to $5143.70 p.f. (DO1.1 - DO1.6)Appointment classification will be determined by relevant skills and experience.
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
- 7.5% Zone 1 rural incentive.
- Professional Development Leave allowance - category A and B.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Appointment to this position requires possession of a tertiary qualification in dentistry from a recognised institution and current registration with the Dental Board of Australia.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current annual license certificate.
- Possession of a current licence to operate a radiation source for Dental Diagnostic Radiography (intra oral).
- There is a requirement that all dental practitioners are credentialed and have their scope of clinical practice defined with Qld Health before commencing employment and throughout employment with Qld Health.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- Travel:Please note, from time-to-time this position will be required to travel to, and work at, other facilities located within the Townsville Oral Health Service. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required. The successful applicant/s will need to be able to commit to this requirement.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 6 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Townsville!
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Dr Joel Abraham on 07 4433 9923.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 11 January 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.