Dental Officer (INGHAM) Full-time Job8 months ago Nursing Townsville region 9 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
Oral Health Services are currently seeking to recruit a Dental Officer to their team in Ingham, on a fixed term temporary full-time basis, up to 22/12/2023.
The Dental Officer willdeliver high quality oral health services within the Townsville University Hospital and Health Service by providing clinical leadership and general practitioner oral health services to eligible adults and children within the Townsville University Hospital and Health Service Oral Health Services.
Generous remuneration package value up to $174,398 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $5298.9 to $5858.80 p.f. (DO2)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Appointment to this position requires possession of a tertiary qualification in dentistry from a recognised institution and current registration with the Dental Board of Australia.
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current annual license certificate is mandatory.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- Possession of a current licence to operate a radiation source for Dental Diagnostic Radiography (intra oral).
- There is a requirement that all dental practitioners are credentialed and have their scope of clinical practice defined with Qld Health before commencing employment and throughout employment with Qld Health.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- Travel across the Townsville Hospital and Health Service may be a requirement of the role.
- Position may require rostering at various locations across Townsville Hospital and Health Service.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Ingham
Explore the Hinchinbrook lifestyle which includes hiking, fishing, and is close to the reef. Ingham is cultural diverse and has a rich Italian history. The town of Ingham is just over an hour's drive north from Townsville and offers a unique collection of culture, fresh produce and vast green landscapes. Just a short drive southwest of Ingham provides an opportunity to discover the awe-inspiring Wallaman Falls, Australia's highest permanent single drop waterfall. A little further north of the town is the pristine Hinchinbrook Island, a nature lover's paradise.
Contact: Tara Paul on 07 4433 9929.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 20 February 2023.