About the Mackay Hospital and Health Service
Mackay Hospital and Health Service ( https://www.mackay.health.qld.gov.au/ ) has six hospitals, two multi-purpose health services and four community health centres that employ more than 3,300 staff. The district covers an area of approximately 90,000kms and provides services to patients and their families in Bowen, Cannonvale, Clermont, Collinsville, Dysart, Glenden, Mackay, Middlemount, Moranbah, Proserpine and Sarina.
Remuneration value up to $233,384 p.a. comprising salary between $4,327.00 p.f. - $4,587.65 p.f. (L25-L27) or remuneration value up to $213,547 p.a. comprising salary between $3,618.35 p.f. - $4,202.90 p.f. (L18-L24); employer superannuation contribution (up to 12.75%), annual leave loading (17.5%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., professional indemnity cover, plus overtime and on-call allowances. Applications will remain current for 12 months. Job Ad Reference: MK444242
Mandatory qualifications/Professional registration/Other requirements
- Mandatory possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practising certificate is essential.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/ manager, prior to the commencement of clinical duties.
- Registration as an ENT Specialist Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia / Australian Health Practitioner Registration Authority (AHPRA).
- Candidates must provide certified copies of requested proof of identify documents for the purposes of general Criminal history and National Police Certificate checks.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster.
- Licence to Operate Vehicle: This position requires the incumbent to operate a class C motor vehicle and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided prior to the commencement of duty.
- Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment: measles, mumps, rubella, varicella (chicken pox), pertussis (whooping cough).
- Existing staff that are engaged prior to 1 July 2016 are not subject to this condition of employment unless they apply for a role with VPD requirements that is with a different Queensland Health entity (i.e. one HHS to another HHS, Department to a HHS, or HHS to Department).
- Hepatitis B Vaccination: Health Care Workers in Queensland Health whose occupation poses a potential risk of exposure to blood or body fluids must be immunised against Hepatitis B according to the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Immunisation Handbook and the Queensland Health Infection Control Guidelines.
- Vaccination Requirements (COVID-19): It is a mandatory condition of employment for this role for the incumbent to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Evidence of vaccination will be required prior to commencement.
How to Apply
Please download the Role Description and Information Package for Applicants for instructions on how to apply for this role. If you have difficulty viewing this role description in .pdfformat, please contact Mackay Medical Workforce Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org to request it in .docformat. Please note that if the information requested in the how to apply' section is not provided, plus the now mandatory requirement for all curriculum vitae to be provided in a standard template (located at the link in the boxed area above), you may not meet the requirements for further consideration of your application. The Information Package for Applicants outlines pre-employment checks that will be undertaken for successful applicants.