Emergency Medicine Consultant Full-time Job3 months ago Doctor / Physician South Melbourne 14 views
- This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Emergency Medicine FACEM /Adv Trainee/ ACEM Comparable doctors
- Multiple vacancies to commence ASAP and 2023
Looking for a lifestyle change, combined with the ability to further your training?
- Opportunity to expand your clinical practice in a rural setting.
- Potential for non-ED rotations where available.
- Dedicated and supportive team and excellent working environment.
- Exposure to a relaxed country lifestyle
- Ready access to Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide via direct flights from the regional airport
The facility is a Tertiary Teaching Hospital accredited by ACEM- 6 months Advanced Training with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine, including paediatric log-book.
A busy regional trauma centre and well supported by Adult Retrieval Victoria.
Interesting and diverse case mix, treating an average of 35,000 patients per annum (20% paediatric) with an admission rate of 16-20%.
Specialist coverage 7 days per week.
The department has 12 treatment bays, 3 fast track cubicles, 2 resuscitation bays and an 8 bed short stay unit.
The ED is supported by surgical, medical, paediatric, obstetrics & gynaecology, psychiatric, anaesthetic and ICU services.
Set on the banks of the magnificent Murray River and an hours flight from metropolitan Melbourne, the location is renowned for its big skies and rich earth. Suited to families, there are many high performing public and private schools. Experience respected wine and bountiful local produce that is served up at quality restaurants and markets, eateries and cellar doors. Discover breathtaking natural beauty, Mediterranean climate and fascinating local histories. Spend less time travelling to and from work and more time embracing sport and recreation, regional festivals and much more. More than 60,000 people call the region home. The regions strength lies in its diversity and the range of friendly communities that make up the municipality.
This is a Tertiary Teaching Hospital that provides a range of Acute Services including Emergency, Maternity, Intensive Care, General Medicine and Surgery, Medical Imaging, Pathology, Dialysis, Mental Health (Inpatient and community services) and a range of Ambulatory Services. The Hospital is affiliated with Universities for the provision of undergraduate and postgraduate Medical, Nursing and Allied Health education. Affiliations also exist for clinical placement and training.
The Emergency Department is supported by excellent surgical, medical, obstetric, ICU and retrieval services.
This is a full time ongoing emergency medicine consultant position.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must have
- Current AHPRA Registration or eligible for Registration with AHPRA or be from a comparable country UK, Ireland, USA and Canada and been assessed by ACEM and deem substantially comparable to an Australian trained doctor
- New Zealand FACEMs Apply Now!!
If you are seeking a challenge role in a state of the art facility in a stunningly beautiful location then this could be for you.
Apply Now or for more information call Allisha McKenzieon 07 3210 6332 or send your CV to email@example.com
The JPS recruitment team is comprised of recruiters from diverse global backgrounds with many decades of combined medical recruitment experience. The tremendous "know how" they bring to JPS has helped the company become an industry leader. Whether you are planning your next move or looking to recruit quality professionals then we are here to help.