Emergency Medicine Junior or Senior House Officer Full-time Job1 month ago Doctor / Physician Brisbane - West,Ipswich region 6 views
About the role
In the position of Emergency Medicine Junior or Senior House Officer (JHO/SHO), you will be expected to participate in the provision of high-level emergency clinical services within Ipswich Hospital and to ensure that safe, high quality, patient centred care is provided to all within West Moreton Health. In the role, you will be supported and encouraged to expand your education and training in critical care medicine and become an important member of a dynamic and passionate emergency medicine team when allocated to these departments.
Our Emergency Department treats 200+ patients per day allowing staff to obtain experience across a broad range of cases
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality medical care to patients in an emergency environment, together with knowledge of current critical care treatments and protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary health care team.
- Demonstrated high level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in education and continued development in the field of emergency medicine
- Vaccinated against, and remain vaccinated against, certain vaccine preventable diseases (VPD) as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO. 01/16(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0009/150120/hed-0116.pdf )
- Vaccinated against COVID-19 as outlined in the Health Employment Directive NO.(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf )and the Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf )
About West Moreton
West Moreton Health is one of the most rapidly evolving health services in the south east corner, with a community growth expected to almost double to more than 588,000 by 2036. Our vision is for a robust hospital and health service that includes fit-for-purpose spaces, interconnected buildings, multi-disciplinary health services, research, education and community partnerships.
To read more on how West Moreton Health are committed to transforming and optimising our care, to meet the health care needs of our growing and diverse community Follow this link ( https://www.westmoreton.health.qld.gov.au/masterplan )
17.5% annual leave loading (Additional allowances/entitlements may apply), 12.75 % employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include:
professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ) wellness programs and the Employee Assistance Service (EAS).
Further information regarding this role please download and read the attached Role Description and Information Packages. You will need to submit your Cover Letter, CV or Resume including the names and contact details of two referees and a short response (maximum 1-2 pages) on how your experience, abilities, knowledge and personal qualities are relevant to the role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for all West Moreton Health vacancies.