Enrolled Nurse Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 1 view
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
The Enrolled Nurse (EN) is an associate to the Registered Nurse (RN) to provide patient/client centred nursing care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse and in accordance with the Practice Standards as identified by the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Board. The EN within BEES provides clinical expertise, support and education to nursing staff within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service ( Townsville HHS) to ensure the provision of best practice and quality patient care with an emphasis on equipment management, management of the bariatric patient and prevention and management of pressure injuries.
Biomedical Equipment and Education Service (BEES)is responsible for helping to ensure the efficient and equitable management of high volume/non-specialised health technology assets across the Townsville University Hospital campus. Clinical support from BEES will be provided daily from 0730 - 2130 (Monday-Friday) and 0730 1600 (Saturday-Sunday).
The services provided by BEES include:
- Supply of high volume use biomedical equipment.
- Staff education and support in relation to the use of this equipment and bedside trouble shooting of problems that may arise with this equipment.
- Advocacy, education and provision of equipment to support the recommendation of the Prevention and Treatment of Pressure Ulcers/Injuries: Clinical Practice Guideline 2019 (3rd edition)
- Provision of equipment and education in regard to the special care needs of bariatric patients.
- Evaluation of equipment faults prior to items being sent to Biomedical Technology Services (BTS) for repair.
- Evaluation of clinical equipment on trial, as required.
- Consultation point for other facilities within our District in relation to pressure ulcer prevention and the management of bariatric patients.
- Mandatory: Diploma of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position.
- Highly Desirable: Evidence of completion of modules related to medication administration and peripheral intravenous therapy.
- Travel: Please note, occasionally you may be requested to undertake travel to other facilities located within the Townsville Hospital and Health Service. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required. The successful applicant/s will ideally be able to commit to this requirement.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Generous remuneration package value up to $32,698 p.a. comprising:
- Wage rate ranges between $34.88-$37.01 p.h. (NG3).
- Annual leave with a 17.5% loading.
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution.
- Other employment benefits may include: salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), professional development, locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
For a confidential discussion please contact Ashleigh Griffiths on 07 4433 3184.
Applications ( https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV483470 ) close on Sunday 7 May 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.