Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills Full-time Job1 month ago Nursing Townsville region 6 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
Mental Health Service Group are currently seeking to recruit an Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills (ENAS) to join their team at the Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit on a Permanent full-time basis / 76 hours per fortnight.
The Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills (ENAS) is responsible for providing an advanced level of care based on demonstrated continuing education, experience and competence. This advanced skill is specific to the context in the ENAS' works and is based on the complexity of the service required and the availability necessary to provide that service.
The Mental Health Service Group is responsible for the provision of comprehensive, specialised mental health assessment and treatment services across the age-spectrum. Our services aim to be consumer focused and recovery oriented and are provided in a variety of settings including community, acute inpatient units, hospitals, emergency departments, and residential rehabilitation and supported accommodation.
Generous remuneration package value up to $88,238 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $72,666 to $77,109 p.a. (NG4)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
The successful candidate will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following
- Ability to contribute to assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of person centred nursing care under the delegation of the registered nurse/midwife.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in the speciality area and ability to contribute to practice development.
- Ability to effectively communicate information verbally and in writing with the multidisciplinary team, patients and their families.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Mandatory: Diploma of Nursing or equivalent is a mandatory qualification for this position
- Proof of qualification, registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Highly Desirable: Evidence of completion of modules related to Analyse Health information - HLTAP501C, Administer and monitoring medication administration in the work environment HLTEN507C
- Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, which will include participation in an on-call roster.
- All employees of the MHSG may be required to work in other areas of the Service.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- 3 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Our gorgeous weather promotes an outdoor lifestyle as the sun shines nearly all year round (320+ days/year). Enjoy the benefits of urban living without being trapped in a commuter nightmare of metropolitan traffic. Appreciate the country town `feel' and change your pace as you absorb the local tropical/coastal flow.
Follow the link below to see more of what Townsville has to offer:
About Townsville - Townsville City Council ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville )
Contact: Michelle Watson on 07 4433 3880.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 20/02/2023.