Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills Full-time Job3 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group are seeking to recruit an Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills to the team at the Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit. This is a fixed term temporary full-time opportunity for up to three months, with the possibility of extension, not exceeding 12 months.
The Enrolled Nurse Advanced Skills (ENAS) is responsible for providing an advanced level of care based on demonstrated continuing education, experience and competence. This advanced skill is specific to the context in the ENAS' works and is based on the complexity of the service required and the availability necessary to provide that service. The ENAS demonstrates a greater depth of knowledge and experience, and more effective integration of theory and practice than the Enrolled Nurse (Grade 3).
The philosophy of Secure Mental Health Rehabilitation unit (SMHRU) is to provide effective mental health care in a safe and secure environment, achieving a balance between society's expectations of safety and the consumers' right to least restrictive treatment option. The SMHRU has accommodation for 25 consumers and provides a secure, structured environment for rehabilitation.
Generous remuneration package value up to $7647 p.m. comprising:
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include:
- Professional development
- salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice )
- Shift and locality allowances
- Employee wellness and assistance programs, and
- Access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification (Diploma of Nursing or equivalent), registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and possession of a current practising certificate.
- Highly Desirable: Evidence of completion of modules related to Analyse Health information - HLTAP501C, Administer and monitoring medication administration in the work environment HLTEN507C.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Shift Workers: Appointees will be required to work all shifts in accordance with the unit roster, which will include participation in an on-call roster.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.