Finance Officer, Financial & Asset Accounting Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Brisbane Inner City,Brisbane - North 3 views
As the Finance Officer, you will contribute to ensuring the integrity of any financial information posting to the general ledger as well as participating in the implementation and monitoring of the financial accounting and financial reporting framework for the Department of Health.
This role is responsible for contributing to the development of suitable accounting policies and practice for the Department of Health in accordance with the Financial Management Assurance Framework and Financial Control Program. Additionally, you will contribute to the achievement of Finance Branch outcomes by participating in the identification of emerging accounting issues, the provision of strategic input on relevant issues, the preparation and implementation of branch plans and promoting the achievement of an aligned and coordinated approach to activities across the branch.
The successful person
You will have:
- Demonstrated conceptual analytical, research and problem-solving skills and an ability to implement appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated financial accounting experience and exposure to financial systems such as SAP.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise work commitments to achieve quality, accurate outcomes within defined timeframes.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and a commitment to and understanding of quality client service.
The Department of Health is responsible for the overall management of the public health system in Queensland. We are an organisation that strongly believes in the need to work with people who value the goals of our organisation and who will thrive in our workplace. Working at the Department of Health is about making a difference.
The Corporate Services Division provides support services necessary for Queensland Health to function effectively and deliver essential health services. The Division is responsible for major corporate functions including financial, legal and human resources services, capital infrastructure delivery, information management services and overseeing key governance functions such as risk, audit and compliance.
- A fast-paced, challenging and supportive environment
- Competitive salary + generous superannuation and leave loading
- Flexible working arrangements
- Diverse work culture
- Career training and development
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining your skills and experience relevant for this role.