Forensic Liaison Officer (Senior Mental Health Clinician) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group are currently seeking to recruit a Forensic Liaison Officer to their team on a permanent full-time basis.
The Forensic Liaison Officer (FLO) ensures oversight, monitoring and coordination of the care of consumers on a forensic order and high risk adult and adolescent consumers across the Townsville and North West HHS, as per the requirements of the Mental Health Act 2016 and relevant State-Wide policies.
The aim of the position is to develop the capacity of the mental health service to confidently work with forensic or higher risk consumers using a range of strategies such as co-case management, coordinating and facilitating professional development opportunities, facilitating access to the specialist forensic service and supporting and mentoring case managers who are working with forensic and high risk adolescent and adult complex consumers.
Generous remuneration package value up to $141,250 p.a. (HP4) or $159,899 p.a. (Nurse Grade 7) comprising:
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of qualification (Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Social Work) and registration or membership (if applicable) with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Blue Card Checks: Potential applicants are advised that the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian Act 2000 requires Queensland Health to seek a working with children check' from the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian prior to appointment to this position.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- Travel:Please note, from time-to-time this position will be required to travel to, and work at, other facilities located within the Townsville and North West Hospital and Health Services to participate in meetings for planning, quality, performance, training and education, or clinical activities. This may involve day and/or overnight stays. Travel on small planes or ferry may be required. The successful applicant/s will need to be able to commit to this requirement.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Discover Townsville! ( https://www.townsville.qld.gov.au/about-townsville )
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.