The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
What's on offer?
Permanent part-time position, 15.2 hours per fortnight.
Generous remuneration package value up to $85,582 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of$78.85 - $108.17 p.h. (L13-L25)
- Annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits offered may include:), recreational leave loading (17.5%), employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%), attraction and retention incentive allowance, regional and rural attraction allowance, motor vehicle allowance, professional development assistance (allowances and leave), and inaccessibility allowance (if applicable). Level of appointment is dependent upon experience and advanced qualifications.
About the role
Provide Gastroenterology services at Townsville University Hospital outpatient clinics under the supervision of Gastroenterology Clinical Director.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with clinic staff.
- Assist the department in providing high quality clinical and patient centred care.
- Assist the department in coordinating the effective functioning of the clinic as required.
- Ensure notifications of results and appointment outcomes of all patients are provided to the patient's nominated General Practitioner in case of share care.
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records in accordance with legal requirements.
- Participate in in-service education and training as required including training in the use of IT systems required for recording the patient interactions such as Electronic Medical Record.
- Opportunity to develop additional clinical skills in Gastroenterology in a tertiary hospital is part of this role. A personal commitment to expand and update knowledge in the relevant clinical area as needed.
- Qualified as a medical practitioner and current registration with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of either the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACCRM) or Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP).
COVID-19 vaccination requirements: It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19, as per Health Employment Directive 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
About the location
Townsville ( https://www.townsvillenorthqueensland.com.au/ )is a vibrant, dynamic city; it is the largest urban centre in Northern Australia and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville offers the perfect laid-back coastal lifestyle with all the benefits of big city living. It is a great place for families, couples and individuals to call home.
Informal enquiries are welcome, please contactDr David Johnston on 07 4433 7516. Applications close on Sunday, 23 April 2023.
Please note that unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.