Generalist Health Worker (Identified) Full-time Job1 week ago Doctor / Physician Townsville region 2 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
Are you someone who is passionate, committed and dedicated to your profession?
Do you have what it takes to make a substantial contribution to our vision, purpose and values?
- Put patients first in all that you do to optimise a seamless patient journey.
- Are you a person who meets challenges head on.
About your opportunity:
The Mental Health Service Group is currently seeking to recruit a Health Worker - Generalist (Identified) to their team on a permanent full-time basis. This position sits within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Wellbeing Assessment Engagement Services.
Unders25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander to work with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
As a member of the Cultural Assessment and Liaison Team (CALT), Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Service and Specialist Services Program Area you will participate in and contribute to the delivery of a culturally sensitive and appropriate care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who access the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs Service.
Generous remuneration package value up to $73,721 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $2355.90 to $2476.60 p.f. (HW3)
- 4, 5, 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Possession of Certificate III in
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait IslanderPrimary Health Care
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Mental Health
- Under s25of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander to work with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
- Appointment to thisposition requires proof of qualification and registration or membership with the appropriate registration authority or association.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- Blue Card Check Requirements
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the Service.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change?
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Appreciate the change of pace as you immerse yourself in a tropical North Queensland lifestyle.
Contact: Robert Assan on 07 4433 8030.
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 10 October 2022.