Health Worker - Advanced (Identified) Full-time Job1 week ago Nursing Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group is seeking to recruit a Health Worker - Advanced (Identified) to their Social, Emotional, Mental Wellbeing Team on a fixed term temporary part-time basis, working 38 hours per fortnight, up to 30/06/2023.
Under s25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
As a member of the Cultural Assessment & Liaison Team (CALT), Social Emotional Mental Wellbeing Team (SEMWT) you will participate in and contribute to the delivery of a culturally sensitive and appropriate mental health care service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who access the Townsville Aboriginal and Islander Health Service (TAIHS).
Generous remuneration package value up to $3471 p.m. comprising:
- Salary range of $34.44 to $36.82 p.h. (HW4)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Certificate IV in either:
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- Mental Health
- Mental Health Peer Work
- Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Unders25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991, there is a genuine occupational requirement for the incumbent to be Indigenous to the Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Community.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role: Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- All employees of the Mental Health Service Group may be required to work in other areas of the service.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Townsville
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Kevin Toby on 07 4433 8122.
Apply ONLINE by: Wednesday 1 February 2023.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.