Health Worker - Advanced (Identified) Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 4 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
About your opportunity
The Mental Health Service Group within Townsville Hospital and Health Service, is currently seeking to recruit a Health Worker - Advanced (Identified) to their Cultural Assessment and Liaison Team on a permanent full-time basis.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that it be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person as permitted by, and arguable under, Sections 25, 104 and 105 of the QLD Anti-Discriminatory Act (1991).
As a memberof the Cultural Assessment & Liaison Team (CALT), Child and Young Adult Services Program Area you will participate in and contribute to the delivery of a culturally sensitive and appropriate mental health care service to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients who access the Child and Youth Mental health Services Team.
Additionally, as required, contribute to the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of culturally appropriate mental health promotion, education and prevention activities within Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities across the North Queensland and Townsville Hospital and Health Mental Health Service Group.
Generous remuneration packagevalue up to $83,312 p.a. comprising:
- Salary range of $2617.50 to $2798.80 p.f. (HW4)
- 4 weeks annual leave with 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation.
Other employment benefits may include: professional development,salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), shift and locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs, and access to corporate discounts.
- It is a mandatory requirement to be and to remain vaccinated against COVID-19.
- It is a genuine occupational requirement that it be filled by an Aboriginal person or Torres Strait Islander person as permitted by, and arguable under, Sections 25, 104 and 105 of the QLD Anti-Discriminatory Act (1991).
- Proof of qualification - Certificate IV in either: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care, Mental Health Peer Work, Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drugs.
- Note:The successful applicant who does not hold the Certification IV qualification will be appointed at the HW3 level for a fixed term, subject to engaging and participating in a learning agreement to obtain the required qualification with support under HR Policy G10 Study and Research Assistance Scheme (SARAS). Upon completion of your qualification you will be progressed to HW4.
- Blue Card Check requirements.
- This is a Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) risk role:Hepatitis A/B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, and Pertussis.
- Possession of class C drivers' licence.
- 3 month probation period.
- Pre-employment checks will be conducted.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
Why make the change? Discover Townsville
With over 300 days of sunshine a year Townsville is the largest centre in Northern Australia, offering a laid back tropical lifestyle and is the gateway to the world famous Great Barrier Reef, stunning beaches, rainforests and the Outback. A vibrant, dynamic city, Townsville offers the perfect balance between spectacular natural attractions without sacrificing the benefits of a metropolitan city. No matter your lifestyle, Townsville offers families, couples and friends a place to call home.
Contact: Ureba Cedar on 07 4433 9004
Apply ONLINE by: Monday 10 April 2023
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.