Home Care Worker (Cooktown) Full-time Job2 weeks ago Nursing Cairns region,Far North Qld 9 views
Tell me more...
The Community Care Program Support Worker will work closely with the Community Care Program Coordinator to provide support for the clients of the Community Care Program of the Torres and Cape Hospital and Health Service (TCHHS).
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of key issues facing the frail, aged, people with disabilities, and their carers, and those who are socially and economically disadvantaged, when they are endeavouring to maintain independence in their own homes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to respect the privacy of client's and carer's.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with the diverse client cohort, including the frail, aged and disabled members of our community, together with their carers.
If this sounds like the right fit for you, Torres and Cape can offer you:
- Base comprising salary between$2,321.10 - $2,424.70 p.f
- Generous employer contribution to superannuation (12.75%)
- Salary packaging option to increase your take home pay
- Work / Life balance, variety and flexibility
- Great support team
Requirements for the role:
- To have completed, or be willing to obtain, within an agreed timeframe, and negotiated with the Cooktown Community Care Programs Service Coordinator, Certificate 3 Individual Support consisting of 7 core units and 6 electives tailored to the existing client base and community needs.
- Staff member will be required to hold a Food Safety Handler Certificate.
- All staff are required to hold a current first aid certificate.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a C' Class Drivers Licence. An appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
- It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against COVID-19 (Health Employment Directive No. 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70 ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf?bustCache=20243277 )).
For additional information regarding the responsibilities, mandatory qualifications and/or other requirements for this position please refer to the role description.
How do I apply? Applications should be submitted ONLINE via the Smart Jobs and Careers website.
Do you need more information? Simply call the contact person listed on the role description.
Please no unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies