Library Officer Full-time Job4 weeks ago Nursing Townsville region 3 views
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is world-class healthcare for northern Queensland.
Our purpose is `great care every day'.
- Provide frontline library client services to staff in the Townsville Health and Hospital Service.
- Deliver financial management and other support services associated with health libraries.
- Fixed Term Temporary full-time, commencing 08/05/2023 - 30/06/2023 (with a possibility of an extension - not exceeding six months).
- Previous experience in a health library would be considered highly desirable.
- COVID-19 vaccination requirements: It is a mandatory condition of employment for the employee to be and remain vaccinated against COVID-19, as per Health Employment Directive 12/21(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0022/1108453/hed-1221.pdf ) and Queensland Health Human Resources Policy B70(PDF) ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0024/1108446/qh-pol-486.pdf ).
The ideal applicant will be someone who has proven ability and can demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated ability to manage the inter-library loan and document supply services and system to ensure requests from clients are processed in a timely manner and within key performance measures.
- Demonstrated ability in managing, circulation, and acquisitions functions of the library information management system and ensure maintenance of library stock and journal collection maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability in providing reference and research support services to clients using resources available through the Townsville Health Library, Clinical Knowledge Network (CKN), intranet and internet.
- Demonstrated ability in providing instruction and support to clients in accessing the physical and online resources and services available to THHS staff.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills consultation and effective communication with clients at all levels in the organisation, external agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and establish successful work priorities.
Please refer to the Role Description for further details.
- Wage rate ranges between $2634.80 - $2944.80 p.f. (AO3)
- Annual leave with a 17.5% loading
- 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Other employment benefits: salary sacrificing options ( https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/conditions/salary/sacrifice ), locality allowances, employee wellness and assistance programs and access to corporate discounts.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Queensland Health is a dynamic organisation committed to providing a range of services aimed at achieving good health and wellbeing for all Queenslanders. Through a network of 16 Hospital and Health Services and the Mater Hospitals, Queensland Health delivers a range of integrated services including hospital inpatient, outpatient and emergency services, community and mental health services, aged care services and public health and health promotion programs.